Translate

Friday, May 22, 2020

FT coronavirus tracker can now compare 6 countries in one go


I compared the countries which imposed the lock-down early on vs those which did not.



  




  
Worldometer  data from May 22, 2020 

Country
Early Lock-down
Deaths /1M
Sweden
  NO
389
US
  NO
294
UK
  NO
536
Norway
  YES
 43
Austria
  YES
 71
Israel
  YES
 32


From the interview with epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch here:      
              
Robert Wiblin: Yeah. What do you think of Sweden’s more laissez-faire approach?

Marc Lipsitch: I think it’s clearly killing more people than the neighbors. Having said that, I think that we’re almost all moving in that direction and that hopefully we can learn something from Sweden about what doesn’t work. But I think everybody is getting tired of being under restrictive policies and, I mean, Massachusetts so far has not reopened, but most states in the United States have begun to reopen and I think are heading in that direction. I think Sweden has, at great cost to themselves, demonstrated to the world that that’s costly.