Translate

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

The reaction to Andrey Loshak's film Broken Ties

 

Andrey Loshak



Apparently, the media in the West has still not picked up on the significance of this documentary which in 2 days got some 403,017 views and 3K comments. Most probably because the film does not have English subtitles. That is a pity because it gives an incredible insight into how Russian society permitted the invasion to happen.  

Here are a few comments translated by google translate. Some of the words I had to check  in the dictionary of teenager slang. 

Елена Б***ва  

I look and go crazy. People do not have a cause-effect logic. They cannot answer the second in the "why" chain. Andrey, thank you and your colleagues for this film. I'm from Samara, by the way. I travel a lot on business trips to Russia, very carefully people either bypass this topic or start talking. And what a relief you see in the eyes of the interlocutor, when he understands that he is not the only one, that, here, the person opposite, also with brains, is also against this war.

569 likes

Надежда это я  

First an hour and a half of an amazing film, then an hour and a half of reading comments. Thank you very much – to the creators and heroes of the film, and not to indifferent people in the comments! Peaceful sky over Ukraine!

155 likes

Nikita Belimov    

Every Russian family has this.

My mother raised me as a kind person, nurtured humanistic values, but today she justifies the war. All propagandists must be condemned, they are no less evil than those criminals who hold power in Russia!

Justice will prevail sooner or later! Thank you, Andrey for this movie. No to war!

992 likes

Ната М   

Andrey, you are my favorite reporter, thank you for the film!!! In places, tears rolled, in places I was angry at how people do not see and do not want to see reality and draw logical conclusions. Thanks to the heroes of the film, even to those with Nazi salutes, for agreeing to voice their view, this is important. How I would like to believe that this damned war will end, and all those who unleashed it will find themselves in the dock. Peace to Ukraine!!! Freedom of Russia!!!

1K likes

Mila Maltseva   

Andrey, tears, pain and a terrible heaviness in my soul after your film ... I don’t know how to survive this. I am 75 and I am very ashamed that we allowed fascism on our land. Thank you for the film...

224 likes

 Голикова Кира 

Add English subtitles to the video so that you can show foreign friends to understand what is happening in our society now.  

280 likes

 

Alyona Gumeniuk

For some reason, the story of Renata resonated very much. How much pain she carries within herself because of the war. I want to hug her. Thank you from Ukraine.

114 likes