Translate

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Bravo, Alessandro Sallusti!

 

The following are the subtitles in the video. It is quite a cathartic feeling to see a journalist tell the truth.  Long overdue.

Massimo, when I heard that you were going to Moscow, I felt very proud of knowing you. I thought you were going to address Russian viewers rather than Italian viewers. Then I understood that this was not the case. I imagined you were going to speak with a top official and you are going to make us proud of our free press. Instead, as I said more politely to Myrta, I am witnessing total servilism  to the worst kind of propaganda that also employs “useful idiots”.

For example, Cacciari at the beginning spoke about the prestige of the Kremlin.  The palace behind you (Kremlin), you should remind your viewers, is where the worst crimes against humanity of the 20th and 21st centuries were organized.

The palace is full of shit. You should have the courage to say to your hosts there that the palace behind you is place full of shit. Because communists there orchestrated the worst tragedies of the last two centuries.

Therefore, it makes me upset to see a journalist I respect ( Massimo Gilleti) be called “child” and “incompetent”  by an idiot ( Maria Zakharova) who does not know what she is talking about. Because we have freedom, we know it, and we defend it.

I will not be the fig-leaf for these two idiots (literally: testicles) next to you . Therefore, I have decided to leave, I refuse my remuneration and I end my participation in this farce. Thank you.